Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Friendship

It has been 5 months since last I posted on here, and many things have occurred, I was unemployed, then I went to Mexico. Being unemployed was the least dramatic of these things, I became unemployed to come to Mexico, I have a job or two waiting for me if I come back, and go figure I would once again be employed by friends. Whilst in Mexico, I am officially unemployed, however, I employ my skills working with kids, and building friendships.
Since I have been down here I have had to say farewell to a dear friend, she left for the North, and I do not know when next I shall see her...(sniff, sniff, poor me-right). It is about such friendships that I desire to write, for friendship is not a rare thing for most people. Friendship, at least a true one, is a form of love, and this is disconcerting when one thinks about it, for how many guys will tell their friends they love them?
I believe that building a lasting friendship is much like gardening, it takes a lot of time, a lot of care, and needs to be tended often. If the tending is done in a spirit of love, the friendship will mature, if not it remains a stunted growth, mimicking what might have been. Though my dear friend has left, still will we tend to our friendship, for it has grown over the past and over the miles betwixt us, and I would not see it wither on the vine. Distance, whether temporal, or linear, cannot kill a friendship, if it is well tended.
But this is just my not so humble opinion, I suppose I could possibly in error, however unlikely.

No comments: